Its that time again! Update time!
This version brings a new feature which is Stage 1 of the Electric Locomotive Project. That being Tin and Copper World Gen which will be used in the crafting of Electric Tracks and Locomotives. This Ore Gen is unique in that it spawns “seams” of low quality Ores, giving you a reason to establish a semi-permanent mine in the regions in which they spawn (complete with railways!). Poor Ores refine into Nuggets rather than Ingots. Enjoy!
I am currently working in earnest on the Electric Locomotive that was unlocked via Patreon support. This is going to be a pretty major system with a decent amount of content: new Locomotive, new Tracks, a new OreGen system for Copper/Tin and other Metals (done!), and more.
Please forgive the confusing mess that is CurseForge. They seems to have removed the ability for me link to the download page for a specific file and instead redirect you to a list files to download.
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look!
- NEW: Poor Ore Seams. Seams of Poor Ore for Iron, Gold, Tin, and Copper will now spawn in the world. Cook the Ore to get Nuggets.
- NEW: Added Railcraft Villager and Structure to Villages. (credits to AEnterprise for the initial code)
- FIX: Refuse to extract zero stack items from inventories, fixes pulling infinite items from Barrels.
- FIX: Close file resources after loading textures because apparently MC doesn't do it for us.
- FIX: Removed config options pertaining to IC2 Refined Iron, since it no longer exists and they were crashing with newer Forge versions.
- FIX: Call markDirty() on inventories.
- FIX: Snow Slabs are crafted with Snow Layers, not Blocks. Fixes recipe conflict.
- FIX: Apply mad hacks to make pathfinding stop trying to jump over my Walls.
- FIX: Various bug fixes mostly related to left over 1.7 issues.
- FIX: Converted Tank Cart Filter recipes to a Custom Recipe, fixes issues with incorrect items being mapped.
- FIX: Fix minecart deconstruction recipes, they should now return the cart contents correctly.
After much hair pulling, angst, and sleepless nights, Railcraft is once again moving forward!
There are a couple new features, but nothing major. The biggest being the addition of the Trading Station for trading with Villagers.
From this point, work will being in earnest on the Electric Locomotive that was unlocked via Patreon support. This is going to be a pretty major system with a decent amount of content: new Locomotive, new Tracks, a new OreGen system for Copper/Tin and other Metals (its going to be unlike anything I’ve seen in any other MC mod, a real reason to actually use minecarts for mining), and more.
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my new Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look!
- INFO: Updated to MC 1.7.2.
- KNOWN ISSUES: Vanilla minecarts are not being replaced until the chunk reloads, Bore may not mine, some blocks harvest weirdly, and Gated Tracks don't connect to fences.
- NEW: Added Trade Station. A block that can trade with Villagers.
- NEW: If the Bore stops for any reason, it will now activate any attached Locomotives (must be in Run mode to work).
- NEW: Using a Magnifying Glass on a structure will give you some information about why it won't form. Not sure how useful it is.
- CHANGE: Lockdown, Holding, and Boarding Tracks merged into a single Locking Track. Change modes with a Crowbar. Legacy tracks should update automatically.
- CHANGE: Master block of all MultiBlocks moved to the center of the structure if possible to make it possible to rotate them intact, may result in loss of items in the structure.
- CONFIG: Anchor Fuel options expanded to support multiple items.
- API: Added framework for creating alternative Locomotive skins.
- API: Reduced the importance of TrackIds, they are now only used for legacy support and network sync. TrackTags strings are used for everything else, including serialization.
I mentioned it briefly in my last post, but I wanted to make a dedicated post about it.
I first became aware of Patreon when someone pointed out that Azanor of Thaumcraft had set one up. Being quite impressed with his page, I decided to create my own. In particular, I really like the milestone objectives that are reminiscent of Kickstarter’s Stretch Goals.
So anyway, here is the link: http://www.patreon.com/CovertJaguar
Take a look, there are some cool rewards and milestones!
Here we are. Yes, its been a while, but its now time to post a another version of Railcraft!
Mostly just a minor maintenance update that uses the new Thaumcraft API, but it also includes the new Post Platforms. Platforms are essentially Posts that always have the track platform on top. It’s mostly just an aesthetic thing that was requested.
This will most likely be the last version of Railcraft for 1.6.4. I had originally intended to attempt to maintain two separate code bases for 1.6 and 1.7, but I am no longer sure there is a good enough reason (or motivation) to pursue that endeavor. So I’m going to focus my efforts on 1.7 for the moment.
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my new Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Electric Locomotives, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look!
- INFO: Updated Thaumcraft API to 4.1.0.
- INFO: Final Update for 1.6.4.
- NEW: Added Platforms, a varient of Posts.
- CONFIG: Added multipler for Bore Mining Speed.
- FIX: Added some checks to prevent the Thaumcraft Plugin from crashing if you disable some of Railcraft's items/blocks.
- FIX: Train Dispenser was broken in 22.214.171.124, fixed now.
- FIX: Using the Loader Gate Action "Pause" should be less unstable.
- FIX: Fix possible loop in Tile Entity repair code.
Another hot-fix to bump the Forge version to 126.96.36.1995 for the Replaceable TileEntity Fix for the Hidden Tracking Blocks.
- INFO: Forge req bumped to 188.8.131.525 for the Replacable TileEntity Bug fix.
- CHANGE: Energy Detectors now use Tin Plates instead of Tin Ingots.
- CHANGE: Minor tweak to Boiler fuel use code to fix some weird math when using non-standard config settings.
- FIX: Fixed a dupe bug with copying Routing Tables.
- FIX: Catch and handle network sync errors caused by corrupted TileEntities.
- FIX: Feed Station no longer crashes when feeding Wolves.
- FIX: Fixed an infinite loop that could occur if you place certain tracks in odd configurations.