Its finally here, over a year in planning, the ability to intelligently route Trains has arrived. It even incorporates a Ticket system so you can charge for rides.
To demonstrate it, I’ve put together a short video since I don’t have time to write a proper guide (more on that later).
So as I said, I’m short on time at the moment, I’m not going to have time nor access to work-on/support Railcraft for the next couple weeks. And admittedly, some of this update was a little rushed as I wanted to finish before I left. This mostly only affects the Routing Track and Routing Switch Motor though, as I just spent an all-nighter finishing them up. 😉
Anyway, enjoy. If you have any questions I’m sure the guys in #railcraft can help you. I’ll see you all in a week and half or so, and maybe then I can start my SSP series in force.
- INFO: Updated to MC 1.5.2, but it should still work on 1.5.1.
- NEW: Tracking Aura added to Goggles. Tracks all player movement over that last 30 minutes, even other players. Used new block ID ("block.hidden"), disabling this block will essentially disable the Tracking Aura.
- NEW: Locomotives now accept Tickets and can be locked.
- NEW: Added Routing Switch Motor, uses a Routing Table to automatically route Locomotives.
- NEW: Added Routing Track, sets the Destination of a Locomotive.
- NEW: Added Routing Detector, uses a Routing Table to match passing Locomotives.
- NEW: Added Routing Table for defining Routing rules.
- INFO: Routing Table in game Help page contains all the information you need to write a set of routing rules. (See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_notation)
- NEW: Added hotkeys for controlling the Locomotives in a Train you are riding. Slower/Faster/Mode, Default Keys: < > M
- NEW: Added config setting for Locomotive Horsepower, adjust at own risk.
- NEW: Added vanilla ISidedInventory support when accessing adjacent Inventories.
- NEW: Receiver Boxes, Relay Boxes, and Switch Motor GUIs have a lock button for securing the GUI.
- NEW: Added custom recipes (Rotor Repair, Ticket/Routing Table cloning) to CraftGuide.
- CHANGE: Removed Worldgen Biome config lists and IMCs in favor of BiomeDictionary tags. This should be more compatible out of the box and just simply work for all Biome mods.
- CHANGE: Rewrote Detectors to store the sub-block ID in the Tile Entity instead of metadata. There may be bugs!
- CHANGE: Solid Fueled Boiler Firebox will pull fuel from an adjacent Steam Oven if below 64 items.
- CHANGE: More informative tool tips for Iron/Steel Tanks and Boilers.
- CHANGE: Doubled Turbine Output to 200 EU. WARNING! This will overload any MV machines attached to the Turbine!
- CHANGE: Changed Loader/Unloader recipes to use Hoppers for real this time, additionally they have Cobblestone around the outside like Droppers and Dispensers.
- CHANGE: The "New Version" message now displays less frequently based on when it was last posted. (once per three days)
- CHANGE: Geodes and Quarries now spawn Populate events with custom EventTypes (RAILCRAFT_GEODE, RAILCRAFT_QUARRY). This should allow better integration with things like Mystcraft.
- FIX: Tank Cart Item Renderer now renders the Item in 3D in world.
- FIX: Filtered Tank Cart recipes no longer consume the liquid used to craft them (this bug was introduced when Tank Carts moved to storing filter data in NBT).
- FIX: Rotating Steam Ovens no longer breaks the structure.
- FIX: Sound Handler now properly plays Tool hit sounds for blocks.
- FIX: Fixed up first and third person item rendering a bit so it works correctly with the recent Forge changes.
- FIX: Buildcraft Gate Triggers and Actions work again (oops).
- FIX: Detectors provide a strong redstone signal again (oops).
- FIX: Backpacks use proper wildcards, fixes issue with some items not being accepted.
- FIX: Force sounds to extract to the correct folder since the MC Launcher fails at setting the working directory.
- API: Added getHardness() method to ITrackInstance. As usual, any out of date APIs will spam the log with errors, but not crash.
- API: Added several new interfaces related to Routing.
Discovered another nice little mod for my SSP.
Time to try another mod! This time with proper documentation (which I still failed to do more than skim to my later frustration).
Its that time again! Today we have a new release with a bunch of new content, primarily of an aesthetic nature.
There is also some new world gen: Abyssal Geodes beneath the Oceans, and Stone Quarries in Forests. You can even see a Quarry in the picture above. For those wondering, the new world gen is only needed if you want to use Abyssal or Quarried Bricks in your building projects.
And yes, this works with either 1.5.1 or 1.5.2.
And once again it appears the changelog is a mile long, but hey that’s a good thing right?
- NEW: Added Slab variants of many blocks. Used one new block ID. Special Feature: Can stack different types.
- NEW: Added four new variants of each Brick Theme. Each Theme now uses one Block Id, old Bricks moved from Cube Id to new Ids. Conversion should be mostly seamless.
- NEW: Added Abyssal Stone (Black) and all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Abyssal Stone generates in large Geodes beneath the oceans. Cook it in a Furnace to get Abyssal Blocks.
- INFO: Geodes have a greater than average chance of having Diamonds, Emerald or Lapis Ore inside.
- NEW: Added Quarried Stone (White) and all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Quarried Stone generates in large surface deposit in Forest Biomes. Cook it in a Furnace to get Quarried Blocks.
- NEW: Added Frost Bound Brick (Blue), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine 8 Ice with 1 Lapis to get 8 Frost Bound Blocks.
- NEW: Added Blood Stained Brick (Red), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine Smooth Sandstone with Rotten Flesh or Raw Beef to get Blood Stained Blocks.
- NEW: Added Bleached Bone Brick (Yellowed), all five brick variants plus slabs and stairs. Combine Bricks and Bone Meal to get Bleached Bone Blocks.
- NEW: Added Coal Coke Blocks. Yes, they can be used as Fuel.
- NEW: Added HasWork Trigger and Pause Action to Loaders/Unloaders.
- NEW: Added "Partial" Redstone mode to Item Loaders. This mode is similar to Immediate, except it will not send Empty carts.
- CHANGE: Redesigned World Gen section of 'railcraft.cfg'. Added ability to specify new Biomes to spawn some features in. If you are using non-standard settings, please double check your configs.
- CHANGE: All Loaders/Unloaders now use Hoppers in the recipe instead of Dispensers.
- CHANGE: Painted Tank blocks can now be harvested with Silk Touch.
- CHANGE: Switch Motors/Levers now switch all adjacent Switch Tracks instead of just the first it finds.
- CHANGE: Moved Ore blocks to Railcraft Creative Tab.
- CHANGE: Increased Iron Tank blast resistance: 15 -> 20
- CHANGE: Increased Steel Tank blast resistance: 15 -> 25
- FIX: Its no longer possible for Locomotives to keep running after running out of fuel.
- FIX: Train Dispenser no longer crashes with a Stack Overflow.
- FIX: Fixed Stairs pick block.
- FIX: Painted Tank blocks now render correctly on the ground.
- FIX: Crafting Managers now correctly match metadata.
- FIX: Fixed possible crash in the Liquid Renderer due to random Forge changes.
- FIX: Railcraft now extracts its sound files to the resources folder and loads them from there, may fix issues some people have with sounds.
- FIX: Tank Cart inventory code is less bizarre and crashy.
- FIX: Disabling Steel Ingots no longer allows you to craft Steel Nuggets from Iron Ingots.
- FIX: Disabling Steel Ingots no longer allows you to craft Steel Nuggets into Iron Ingots. It will instead attempt to find a different Steel Ingot in the Ore Dictionary.
- FIX: Item Unloaders will no longer crash on carts that don't implement IInventory.
- API: Minor modification to TrackSpec to make it compatible with ID Resolver.
So I’m currently collecting mods for my new world, and thought it might be interesting to record my first impressions of a mod I’ve never tried before.
Now, I must apologize for the sound and lighting, my settings were reset and I didn’t notice. And I mumbled a bit again *kicks self*. =P