Another Minecraft 1.7.10 update here, mostly a collection of pull requests and bug fixes. As for 1.8, I’m still slaving away on the code with no eta in sight. Anyway, have fun with 220.127.116.11.
Here we have a short video demostrating the changes in 18.104.22.168 with a quick update on 1.8 progess. Enjoy!
Railcraft Cosmetic Additions!
I’d also like to announce a new Railcraft addon, Railcraft Cosmetic Additions by Cream-Tea. It will require Railcraft 22.214.171.124, so make sure you are up to date! It adds a number of new blocks and variants of existing blocks designed to make your railways even fancier. I know a lot of people wanted Semaphores for a long time, well they are here! Now go watch Cream-Tea’s video!
Download Railcraft Cosmetic Additions
There are also a few more minor features and additions and well as some well needed bugfixes. Anyway, have fun!
Lastly, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look! The fact that you can now see and contribute to Railcraft’s code is a direct result of Patreon. If you’d like to continue to see even greater things, be sure to pass some support along!
- NEW: Added Auto-Coupler Mode to Coupler Track. Any cart that passes over this track will couple to the next cart it collides with. (contribution by Cream-tea)
- NEW: Add support for IC2 Classic. (contribution by Speiger)
- CHANGE: Reworked harvest tools for the entire mod. Tracks and related blocks are by default harvestable by the crowbar instead of pickaxes. Other blocks are either axe or pickaxe depending on material.
- FIX: Signals and Boxes now use a TESR for rendering the lights, resulting in less render refreshes. (contribution by Vexatos and Player)
- FIX: Fix OreDict tag in Tin Plate recipe. (issue #781)
- FIX: Fix issues with server/client sync of filtered Carts.
- FIX: Only cache Tile Entities located in the same chunk as the cache. Should resolve untold issues with Signals and Multi-Blocks.
- FIX: Improve High Speed explosion logic to take into account the comparison of Train objects. Might result in less unpredictable explosions.
- FIX: Fixed NPE in Anchor Chunkloader code caused by mismatched worlds.
- API: SignalBlock was moved to the API so that addons can create new Signal blocks.
Electric Locomotives are here! I repeat, Electric Locomotives are here! Months in the making, there entire system is finally in place. We have Electric Tracks to power the Locomotive. We have Electric Shunting Wire to connect bits together. The Ic2 Energy carts got a overhaul and can now power Electric Locomotives, but at the cost of speed. We have copper, tin and lead to expand the ability to make new interesting recipes and a new chest to help manage Metals. We have new, flexible, and powerful APIs if anyone wants to add their own Electricity powered Minecarts. The whole package deal. Anyway, enjoy!
Next on my todo list, I will be putting the majority of Railcraft’s source up on GitHub for people to look at, submit PRs and learn from. I have some work to do to get that setup, but I can start immediately now that I have no outstanding development branches. Expect to start seeing changes over at my GitHub Page. I’ll be following a similar Visible Source model to Forestry’s original setup (before it went fully Open Source). More details will come later!
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look! The effort and attention to detail put into the Electric Locomotive Update was a direct reflection of the support from all my wonderful Patreons. If you’d like to continue to see even greater things, be sure to pass some support along!
- NEW: Added Electric Locomotive, powered by Electric Tracks or Ic2 Energy Carts.
- NEW: Added Electric Tracks, they power Electric Locomotives and cause damage to living entities when powered. The Engineer's Overalls will protect you from damage.
- NEW: Added Electric Shunting Wire, made from Copper, Paper, and Lead in a Rolling Machine. Use it to connect Electric Tracks across gaps and non-electrified tracks in the line. Place under the track.
- NEW: Added Wire Support Frames. Required in order to place Track on Shunting Wire. Place wire, then click with Frame in hand (other way around works too).
- NEW: Locomotives will have their name and destination displayed above them. There will probably be some way to hide/disable this in the future.
- NEW: Added Copper/Tin Blocks.
- NEW: Added Lead and associated Poor Ore, Nuggets, Ingots, and Blocks.
- NEW: Added Metals Chest, a chest that condenses any metal nuggets or ingots inserted into it blocks. Good for dealing with multiple OreDictionary variants of metals.
- CHANGE: Ic2 Energy Carts can be used to power the Electric Locomotive. To offset this, theses carts now have a lower speed than normal carts. This can be countered by adding multiple Locomotives.
- CHANGE: Gear recipes modified to be less dependant on Buildcraft. Now requires a Tin Bushing as the core instead of Stone Gears.
- CHANGE: Steam Turbine moved from Ic2 Module to Electric Module. No longer requires Ic2.
- FIX: Fixed NBT errors with Routing Table, it should be usable now. Sorry!
- FIX: Fixed tooltip localizations on many items and fixed many other localization issues elsewhere.
- FIX: Fixed texture shearing on Posts/Platforms.
- FIX: Fixed issues with Engineer's Overalls not breaking when preventing damage.
- FIX: Fixed version check localization and redirected away from my ailing Dropbox.
- FIX: CraftGuide API files are no longer included in the Jar. This is somewhat experimental but no issues with CraftGuide integration reported so far.
- API: Added IElectricMinecart to allow carts to transfer power throughout the train.
After much hair pulling, angst, and sleepless nights, Railcraft is once again moving forward!
There are a couple new features, but nothing major. The biggest being the addition of the Trading Station for trading with Villagers.
From this point, work will being in earnest on the Electric Locomotive that was unlocked via Patreon support. This is going to be a pretty major system with a decent amount of content: new Locomotive, new Tracks, a new OreGen system for Copper/Tin and other Metals (its going to be unlike anything I’ve seen in any other MC mod, a real reason to actually use minecarts for mining), and more.
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my new Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look!
- INFO: Updated to MC 1.7.2.
- KNOWN ISSUES: Vanilla minecarts are not being replaced until the chunk reloads, Bore may not mine, some blocks harvest weirdly, and Gated Tracks don't connect to fences.
- NEW: Added Trade Station. A block that can trade with Villagers.
- NEW: If the Bore stops for any reason, it will now activate any attached Locomotives (must be in Run mode to work).
- NEW: Using a Magnifying Glass on a structure will give you some information about why it won't form. Not sure how useful it is.
- CHANGE: Lockdown, Holding, and Boarding Tracks merged into a single Locking Track. Change modes with a Crowbar. Legacy tracks should update automatically.
- CHANGE: Master block of all MultiBlocks moved to the center of the structure if possible to make it possible to rotate them intact, may result in loss of items in the structure.
- CONFIG: Anchor Fuel options expanded to support multiple items.
- API: Added framework for creating alternative Locomotive skins.
- API: Reduced the importance of TrackIds, they are now only used for legacy support and network sync. TrackTags strings are used for everything else, including serialization.
Episode 75 of the Dark Tower is out along with a World Download! Be sure to keep an eye on my Youtube Channel for new videos, I’ve been rather lax about posting them here.
World Download: Episode 75 – MC 1.6.4
Episode 64 (has been up for a week and I’m just too lazy to post them here too) is here!