Now that the holidays and football are out of the way, its time to buckle down and make some progress on Railcraft! We have here release 9.5, a hard to categorize beast. It has some cool new features, but they are mostly just refinements of existing gameplay. Once again we have many contributions from the community: Yopu, ssotangkur, wooky, and more.
To summarize the update, from me we have a bunch of Routing Logic improvements. Wooky rewrote the Analog Controller Box to be more flexible by allowing you input specific Redstone values and ranges. Ssotangkur rewrote the Locking Track logic to be even more robust and reliable, he is working on the Switch Tracks as well but wasn’t able to work all the kinks out in time for 9.5. Iron/Steel Tank Valves now interact with Comparators thanks to daniel and Yopu. And Yopu added a Void Metal Crowbar for Thaumcraft. Add to all that a slew of bug-fixes (even if I don’t have time to work on features, no bug is safe from my bug swatter) and we have another great update! Enjoy!
One last thing, I finally (after much nashing of teeth) have a new microphone. This update doesn’t have much worthy of a video, but I still owe you guys a 9.4 update video. So expect that in the next couple weeks! Additionally, I’ve added a new Patreon milestone goal. If you guys can reach $800, I’ll resurrect the Dark Tower youtube series! Just throwing that out there. Cheers!
Lastly, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look! The fact that you can now see and contribute to Railcraft’s code is a direct result of Patreon. Even better is the new Dark Tower goal! If you’d like to continue to see even greater things, be sure to pass some support along!
- INFO: Update BC API to 6.3.1+
- INFO: Update Forestry API to 3.4+
- INFO: Update Thaumcraft and Redstone Flux APIs.
- NEW: Add Regular Expression support to Dest and Name Routing Conditionals. Uses '?=' as keyword. Example: "Dest?=*.Hill"
- NEW: Add comparator support to Iron/Steel Tanks. (contribution by daniel and Yopu)
- NEW: Add Thaumcraft Void Metal Crowbar (contribution by Yopu)
- NEW: Add Packed Ice Stairs and Slabs.
- NEW: Added Less Than/Greater Than modes to the Item Detector.
- NEW: Add a new Routing Table conditional, "Type=
", for matching against Minecart item names.
- NEW: Add new Routing Table conditionals, "Ridden=
" and "Riding= ", for checking if someone is riding a train.
- NEW: Modify the Routing Table "Name=" conditional to accept "null" to indicate that the Minecart does not have a custom name.
- CHANGE: Rewrite Analog Controller Box to be more flexible. It now allows ranges. (contribution by wooky)
- CHANGE: Loosen up fluid transfer rates for Tanks and Boilers, we want to support mods other than Buildcraft better.
- FIX: Rewrite Locking Track Logic to be more dependable (contribution by ssotangkur)
- FIX: Don't send non-breakable-space (nbsp) characters to the Font Renderer as it seems that Minecraft can't correctly render them. Fixes issues with number formatting in certain locales.
- FIX: Fix Tank Cart Item Rendering so its not randomly transparent.
- FIX: Tweak Fluid Loader logic and add Fluid Filter slot. Fixes #442 Closes #421
- FIX: Track Tiles should override shouldRefresh() to prevent metadata changes from wiping the TileEntity.
- FIX: Fix particle velocity values.
- FIX: Ensure that Gears and Plates are initialized in pre-init when Factory is disabled and Locomotives are enabled.
- FIX: Fix the code that allows the Furnace Cart to accept any type of Fuel.
- FIX: Fix Locomotive shift-clicking.
- FIX: Fixed corruption issues with the Analog Controller Box, the two Distant Signal variants and the Signal Relay Box caused by reordering the metadata mappings when the Analog Controller Box was added.
- FIX: Track Layer now ignores plants. (Yopu)
- FIX: Possible fix for IC2 EnergyNet issues (Issue #404)
- FIX: Various minor fixes to Force Tracks. Make unbreakable and remove from creative.
- FIX: Tweak track item creation, should eliminate stacking issues.
- FIX: Locomotives shouldn't forget Emblems when broken.
- FIX: Add a hack to keep Gregtech from removing my Locomotive Painting and Emblem recipes.
- CONFIG: Add config option to explicitly disable the generation of new Tracking Aura blocks.