Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stopping a Train if all the 3 diverging lines are ocupied
RaeleaR
Passenger
Post Stopping a Train if all the 3 diverging lines are ocupied
on: December 13, 2017, 09:58

Hi everybody,

I'm setting up a station where the Tank Carts will deposit the oil they harvest in the nearby areas.

I have a main line accessing the station and 3 diverging lines where Trains will stop to deposit the oil.

As you can see in the added image I have no cart detectors yet, but I've build a big tank below the ground and put 3 fluid unloader just tho give the idea.
Then each diverging line will have cart detectors and fluid unloaders connected with the same big tank below.

I would like, and this is my help request, that if all the 3 diverging line have Trains unloading oil, the new incoming Train can be stopped at the entrance of the station, waiting until at least one of the diverging lines becomes available.

I'm trying to figure out a possible way to do that but I'm too new to this mod 🙂

How can I do that and, most important.. is it possible?
Thanks in advance

Rael

linked image:
http://www.filedropper.com/oilstation

Kye_Duo
Passenger
Post Re: Stopping a Train if all the 3 diverging lines are ocupied
on: December 15, 2017, 17:48

train hold down track on the incoming line with an signal setup that shuts off the RS signal to the hold down track when all three are occupied. may need an external RS signal inverter. you'll have to play around with the signal system in RC to figure it out.

RaeleaR
Passenger
on: December 18, 2017, 06:37

Hi Kye,

thx for ur answer.. anyway I'm not sure I've understood.. RS stands for Receiver Signal (I supose) so we are talking about Signal Receiver Box, is it? What I completely ignore is what is a "RS inverter".. can you please explain what is that and where I can found? or the right name with which I can serarch for it.
I was planning to put a Locking Track in the incoming line as I supose you are suggesting me, with a Receiver Box under it, but I don't know where to put the relative Controller Box.. and more.. what left me stucked is that I know that I can only 'pair' a Controller to a Receiver..

Kye_Duo
Passenger
on: December 28, 2017, 13:07

RS = redstone
the lockdown track releases on RS.
what version of MC are you in?

RaeleaR
Passenger
on: January 10, 2018, 14:33

Hi Kye,

sry I've been away for a while..

MC (suposing stands for MineCraft hehehe) version is 1.7.10 / MCP v9.05 / FML v7.10.99.99 / Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1614

Kye_Duo
Passenger
on: January 10, 2018, 18:40

one way is to use signals and have them output RS on green (I'm pretty sure you can do this) and have them all lead into the train lockdown track at the entrance. this will cause it to pass through the train if any one of the lines is open.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

YouTube
YouTube
GitHub
Patreon
Discord
Google+
Google+
http://www.railcraft.info/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=846.0
Follow by Email
RSS
%d bloggers like this: