Locomotives are here!
You read that right, Locomotives are official and ready for use!
An excerpt from the wiki:
There is just something majestic about a Steam Locomotive. Something that to this day fascinates people worldwide. The Crowning Achievement of the Industrial Revolution, they were nearly as complex as any mechanical clock, yet their size and presence just ooze power.
Railcraft, Inc. is proud to continue that tradition and brings you a line of Steam Locomotives that will keep your Trains running non-stop. Yes, they might not be as majestic or as massive as their fore-bearers, but what they lack in presence they more than make up for with an “I can do it!” mentality.
Now enough poetry and thinly veiled cultural references and on to the nitty-gritty details.
Steam Locomotives have a few defining features, one of the most interesting and dangerous is their ability to “clean the tracks”. No longer will you have to worry about those wandering pigs (or players) getting in the way of your carts. A painful lesson perhaps (for the pig), but such is progress!
It should be noted that this also applies to other Locomotives, its just that there are more flames, explosions and death involved. We wouldn’t want to see one of our shiny Locomotives a twisted wreck on the front page news. Although it probably wouldn’t be very shiny anymore after that.
Originally, we were going to go with the stance that “You can have any color as long as it’s black.”, but due to market pressure we relented and allowed you to paint your Locomotives any color you desire (see recipe below). As a bonus feature, we also threw in a Detector block (made from Infernal Brick) than can pick up on this aesthetic feature.
Looks aside, like any Boiler, Steam Locomotives require both fuel and water. They are also subject to the same dangers in regards to hot and dry Boilers. Thankfully, Liquid Loaders are smart enough not to fill a Steam Locomotive if it would result in an explosion. However, Railcraft, Inc. is not liable for the actions of the person operating the Locomotive.
Also present is the ability to switch Locomotives between three modes: Running, Idle, and Shutdown. The details of each mode should be pretty self explanatory, but it should be noted that if a Lockdown Track grabs any cart in the Train, the Locomotive will behave as if it was in Idle mode. The benefit of Idle Mode being significantly reduced fuel/water usage. A Locomotive will also switch to Shutdown mode if it runs out of water.
Alright, so we lied about there being no more cultural references. Did I mention Whistles?
This was a massive update again, getting the Locomotives working just right took a while and I have tendency to get distracted. =P
So aside from Locomotives, we also have a new Backpack, new Walls, new Tracks, new Saltpeter spawn code and a ton of bug fixes for all kinds of stuff.
Change Log for Version 22.214.171.124:
- INFO: Updated to Forge 126.96.36.1996 (required).
- INFO: Updated UniversalElectricity API.
- INFO: Two new block ids were required for the Saltpeter Ore Spawner block and the new Walls.
- NEW: Steam Locomotives!
- NEW: Added Train version of the Lockdown Track.
- NEW: Broke down and added a Creative Tab. *rages at Sengir for abandoning the faith*
- NEW: Villager Detectors should now work with custom Villagers.
- NEW: Added Locomotive Detector, put Wool in the Slots to represent colors.
- NEW: Added custom death messages for the Tunnel Bore damage.
- NEW: Added custom Walls: Sandy, Infernal, Concrete, Obsidian, Nether Brick, Brick, Stone Brick (all variants), Sandstone (all variants), Snow, and Ice.
- NEW: Added Locomotive Track, will set a passing Locomotive’s current mode. Whack it with a Crowbar to change modes.
- NEW: Added Whistle Track, texture modeled after an Irish Whistle Post.
- NEW: Added Iceman’s Backpack, it can pick up and compress Snowballs into blocks and it can also be used to (re)supply you with a steady stream of Snowballs.
- CHANGE: Steam Engines no longer explode when their energy bar fills up, instead they “blow a valve” and get stuck until someone whacks them with a wrench/crowbar.
- CHANGE: Saltpeter world gen was completely rewritten.
- Saltpeter now spawns in any hot and arid sandy biome.
- It spawns one layer beneath the surface in large uncommon clusters (aka Caliche).
- Saltpeter clusters will regenerate over time, provided there is still sand at the surface.
- CHANGE: Saltpeter -> Fertilizer recipe now requires 2 Dirt and 2 Sand.
- CHANGE: Rebalanced Hobbyist Engines slightly, increase fuel usage per conversion from 6.4 to 8 and reduced the Steam/Water Tanks to 4 Bucket capacities.
- CHANGE: Water Tanks have positive pressure.
- CHANGE: High Speed Explosions are now more impressive and spread flames. I can do this because I’m fairly confident that I finally fixed all of the bugs with HS Track.
- CHANGE: Ice/Snow Walls are now added to the Iceman’s Backpack instead of the Builder’s Backpack.
- CHANGE: Engineer’s Overalls now provide some protection from getting hit by a Locomotive.
- CHANGE: Changed Infernal Brick recipe to be similar to Sandy Brick. Reduces the Soul Sand cost by a 1/5th.
- FIX: Creosote Cells are actually registered now.
- FIX: Completely scrapped the unreliable methods of detecting sudden stops at High Speed in favor of marking tracks as “safe” or “not safe”.
- Safe tracks are HS straight tracks that are connected to other HS Tracks on both ends. This can include unswitched Turnout Switches, but Wye Switches are never “safe”.
- Carts will explode if they are moving at HS and encounter a “not safe” track.
- FIX: Fixed a bug in the collision code that could result in random HS Explosions of Trains immediately following a chunk load.
- FIX: Link drag is only applied if the Locomotive Module is active.
- FIX: Replaced all server side markBlockForUpdate() calls with a custom packet sender, should help reduce chunk updates that need to be sent.
- FIX: Discovered and fixed a misconception related to explosion resistance that caused most blocks to have massively better resistance than intended.
- FIX: The Trackman’s Backpack will no longer pick up everything.
- FIX: Liquid Loaders once again obey the Top Off mode.
- LANG: Added Chinese Translation by crafteverywhere.
- API: Added a new function (clearPairings()) to AbstractPair in order to fix a minor bug with the Tuning Aura.
- API: The network changes required some changes to the Track API.