Electric Locomotives are here! I repeat, Electric Locomotives are here! Months in the making, there entire system is finally in place. We have Electric Tracks to power the Locomotive. We have Electric Shunting Wire to connect bits together. The Ic2 Energy carts got a overhaul and can now power Electric Locomotives, but at the cost of speed. We have copper, tin and lead to expand the ability to make new interesting recipes and a new chest to help manage Metals. We have new, flexible, and powerful APIs if anyone wants to add their own Electricity powered Minecarts. The whole package deal. Anyway, enjoy!
Next on my todo list, I will be putting the majority of Railcraft’s source up on GitHub for people to look at, submit PRs and learn from. I have some work to do to get that setup, but I can start immediately now that I have no outstanding development branches. Expect to start seeing changes over at my GitHub Page. I’ll be following a similar Visible Source model to Forestry’s original setup (before it went fully Open Source). More details will come later!
Additionally, I’d like to direct everyone’s attention to my Patreon Page. There is some cool stuff over there (Beta Access, Custom Emblems, etc….) so be sure to take a look! The effort and attention to detail put into the Electric Locomotive Update was a direct reflection of the support from all my wonderful Patreons. If you’d like to continue to see even greater things, be sure to pass some support along!
- NEW: Added Electric Locomotive, powered by Electric Tracks or Ic2 Energy Carts.
- NEW: Added Electric Tracks, they power Electric Locomotives and cause damage to living entities when powered. The Engineer's Overalls will protect you from damage.
- NEW: Added Electric Shunting Wire, made from Copper, Paper, and Lead in a Rolling Machine. Use it to connect Electric Tracks across gaps and non-electrified tracks in the line. Place under the track.
- NEW: Added Wire Support Frames. Required in order to place Track on Shunting Wire. Place wire, then click with Frame in hand (other way around works too).
- NEW: Locomotives will have their name and destination displayed above them. There will probably be some way to hide/disable this in the future.
- NEW: Added Copper/Tin Blocks.
- NEW: Added Lead and associated Poor Ore, Nuggets, Ingots, and Blocks.
- NEW: Added Metals Chest, a chest that condenses any metal nuggets or ingots inserted into it blocks. Good for dealing with multiple OreDictionary variants of metals.
- CHANGE: Ic2 Energy Carts can be used to power the Electric Locomotive. To offset this, theses carts now have a lower speed than normal carts. This can be countered by adding multiple Locomotives.
- CHANGE: Gear recipes modified to be less dependant on Buildcraft. Now requires a Tin Bushing as the core instead of Stone Gears.
- CHANGE: Steam Turbine moved from Ic2 Module to Electric Module. No longer requires Ic2.
- FIX: Fixed NBT errors with Routing Table, it should be usable now. Sorry!
- FIX: Fixed tooltip localizations on many items and fixed many other localization issues elsewhere.
- FIX: Fixed texture shearing on Posts/Platforms.
- FIX: Fixed issues with Engineer's Overalls not breaking when preventing damage.
- FIX: Fixed version check localization and redirected away from my ailing Dropbox.
- FIX: CraftGuide API files are no longer included in the Jar. This is somewhat experimental but no issues with CraftGuide integration reported so far.
- API: Added IElectricMinecart to allow carts to transfer power throughout the train.